Friday 25 July 2008

Questionnaire again

Well, just a couple of things I ran into
  • As I've said - every radio button/checkbox question has to be wrapped in fieldset and legend tags. Yes, it's in the UAAG 1.0 guidelines too. Check out this article on
    Fieldsets, Legends and Screen Readers (Joe kindly pointed me to it)
  • This introduces a horizontal scrollbar when increasing the text size in Firefox. But it was useful to find out that in IE it never worked in the first place =)
  • Using br tags to break the questions wrapped in legend tags into several lines makes the questions look quite bad
  • Each question is duplicated (once in the legend, once in where it is placed by create survey's content management system), so watch that Cognitive Load!
  • If I only leave one version of a question, the one in the legend tag, quite expectedly, data analysis becomes hell. All the fancy bars and all the stats need separate decyphering
Anyways, I'm not giving up and am yet to try a few workarounds (remember, I am working with accessibility gurus, who also happen to be very helpful).

No comments: